Instrumental/ Electrical Engineer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience8 years
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Job Purpose: Plays a key role in design, installation and maintenance of electronic equipment and components. Provides professional and technical support and advice to aid efficient and effective operation.
- Supporting the development of technicians through formal / informal training and coaching.
- Developing training materials as needed for I&E Technicians and others within the Division.
- Implementing and executing an inspection program including required regulatory and safety inspections.
- Developing and implementing efficient preventative maintenance programs for electrical equipment.
- Coordinating the execution of Division projects, including scope development, contracting plans, schedules, estimations, and cost control for Division executed work.
- Establishing clear goals for the Division I&E efforts that support success for the Division, Terminals and Pipelines, and Midstream organizations.
- Providing expertise for and participating in operations and safety audits, design hazard reviews (DHRs), and process hazard analyses (PHAs).
- Reviewing and maintaining Management of Change procedures and records.
- Assisting with development of cause and effect documentation for control systems logic software development.
- Ensuring standardization on instrumentation, electrical and technology.
- Assisting with Incident investigations to identify improvement opportunities and ensure timely closeout.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with applicable DOT, EPA, National Electrical Code (NEC), State and OSHA regulations, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Assisting the management in creating and maintaining Division’s annual projects budget and long range plan.
- 8 years Oil and Gas experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in maintaining instrument and electrical equipment
- A degree in Electrical Electronics Engineering or related discipline
- Good supervisory skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Computer literacy
(This Position Description reflects the general level and nature of the Position. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)